Shepherds Bay Development in Meadowbank & Ryde
Shepherds Bay is a new waterfront community of high-rise towers containing residential apartments which are located on the Parramatta River at Meadowbank.
- Introduction to Shepherds Bay
- Location Description
- Features and Facilities
- Developer Profile
Introduction to the Shepherds Bay Development
Location of the project
The riverside development will be located on the eastern side of Meadowbank Train Station where there is a ‘Shepherds bay Village’ shopping centre and located quite close to the Meadowbank Ferry Wharf (with direct services to Circular Quay Wharf)
It is located located in-front of the Parramatta River, where the section has been revitalized for walking and recreation including an outdoor gym and a public square
Surrounding Location Features and Facilities of the Shepherds Bay Development
The Shepherds Bay Location offers a range of features and facilities that include:
- Public transport links (bus services, Meadowbank ferry wharf including the Parramatta Rivercat catamaran service, Meadowbank Train Station with express services to the City and walking track)
- Childcare facilities
Shepherds Bay Developer Profile
The development will be carried out by Holdmark Property Group.
Surrounding Property Development’s in Sydney
Sydney has seen a recent increase in apartment developments, most notably in the CBD and surrounding areas as reported by Build Sydney. This has been largely driven by the growing population of Sydney and the lack of available housing.
Some of the recent apartment developments in Sydney include
– Infinity by Crown: A newly completed development comprising an architectural building next to Green Square Station, consisting of 20 floors and a walk through arch. Contains ground floor retail.
– 180 George by Meriton: A premium twin tower development in Parramatta which will contain over 700 apartments and reach over 200m in height, transforming the Parramatta CBD skyline
– Rhodes Central by Billbergia: A staged development near Rhodes Station, which will consist of multiple apartment and retail towers, one of the tallest reaching a height of 144m to the top of the heliostat (the highest heliostat in Australia)
Burwood Place by Holdmark Property Group: A multi-tower development consisting of both residential and commercial towers, the tallest reaching a proposed height of 140m which is set to change the face of the Burwood CBD and the inner-west
Recently, the NSW Government has approved an increase in the number of dwellings allowed on properties across Sydney. This has been seen as a way to improve housing affordability for first home buyers and also help ease the shortage of affordable rental properties currently facing many Sydney residents.
Although there are benefits to apartment living, including less maintenance required by residents, it is important to consider the proposal carefully before committing. Also check to see if the development is a one-off boutique development, or part of a larger masterplan project for the wider area.
The main considerations should be which location is best suited for your needs and whether you can afford to live in that area, as this will have a large impact on your lifestyle.